Flow Monitors and Communications
Flow Monitoring Systems
In the 1970s ADS invented the permanent flow monitor concept for measuring sewage flow in collection systems. Today, thousands of ADS monitoring locations throughout the world measure more than four billion gallons of flow each day for clients managing small to large networks.
ADS flow monitoring systems offer a full line of flow monitoring equipment and data analysis tools. This includes our wide range of flow monitors, rain gauges, web-hosted systems, as well as desk-top and field-friendly software.
ADS instrumentation devices are manufactured to measure flows in pipes from 4" to 110". Based upon decades of research and design experience, ADS monitoring systems are robust and ideal for operating in both sanitary and combined sewers.
This economically priced Fit-for-Purpose flow monitor features three depths and two velocities in three combination sensor options. Each sensor option provides multiple technologies for continuous running of comparisons. Two sensor ports support the three interchangeable sensor options providing up to six sensor readings at a time.
Three depth technologies:
· Uplooking Ultrasonic Depth
· Pressure Depth*
· Redundant Downlooking Ultrasonic Depth
Two velocity technologies:
· Continuous Wave Velocity
· Surface Velocity*
*The FlowShark Triton will also measure both surface velocity and pressure depth while in surcharge.
for information on a full listing of software options for the FlowShark Triton and FlowShark flow monitors.
Other flow monitoring equipment from ADS Environmental Services offers four sensing technology options: Redundant Downlooking Ultrasonic Depth, Peak Velocity, Pressure Depth, and Gated Cross Correlation. The pressure depth sensor measures sewer flow rises above the face of the redundant downlooking ultrasonic depth sensor.
A typical permanent flow monitoring station includes:
- Communication options: Standard telemetry or wireless.
- Configurability: On site, sensors can be tuned to maximize flow measurements under a wide range of hydraulic conditions. ADS is the only technology that permits customized, on-site confirmations.
Additional flow monitoring equipment:
The newest ADS flow monitor offers dual pipe measurement for CSO application or single sensor configuration for sanitary installations.
ADS Model 4000
: A permanent monitor for most sanitary and CSO applications featuring Monitor Level Intelligence (MLI).
A depth based alarm system with a combination float switch and depth sensor.
- Rain Alert II: A natural compliment to our flow monitoring systems, this battery powered unit is recommended for capturing rainfall.
- FlowShark Pulse and Portable FlowShark Pulse for Gated Cross Correlation Technology
- FlowShark HV Hand-Held Velocity Monitor for Improved Point Velocity Measurement